Announcement for admissions of international students to a full-time Ph.D programme at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), Bangalore.
JNCASR offers a highly-competitive Full-Time International Programmes, exclusively in research that leads to Doctoral (Ph.D.) degree.
· To apply for admission through this mechanism, you must be a foreign national not holding an Overseas Citizenship of India.
· Indian citizens i.e. those holding an Indian passport (whether residing in India or abroad) need to apply through the regular admission process.
· Similarly, persons of Indian origin holding non-Indian passports can apply for admission through the regular process of admission for Indian citizens even if they hold an Overseas Citizenship of India as per section 7B(1) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955. In addition, they need to satisfy all the eligibility criteria for admission prescribed for Indian citizens.
· The citizens from Ethiopia, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, UAE, Nepal and Singapore are strongly encouraged to take the GATE International examination, which is held at centers in these countries. If you are in India for your current education or employment, GATE examination can be taken in any of the centers in India.
Background for eligibility for admissions
· For admission to a Ph.D. programme one must have completed or be in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree (duration of at least 04 years) in Engineering / Technology Or must have completed or are in the final year of their Post Graduate (Master’s) degree (duration of at least 02 years) in any relevant science subject.
· Departments offering a Ph.D. programme and their respective eligibility criteria are listed under Units in www.jncasr.ac.in/admit.
• To apply for this programme, please fill in this PDF form (Click here) and email it along with other documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Required supporting documents
• Transcripts, degree certificates (if available) and three recommendation letters (on their professional letter heads or from their official Institutional email ID.) from persons familiar with the academic credentials of the candidate.
• Encouraged to submit (if available): GATE or GRE scores.
• Each applicant can select up to 3 Departments/Centres at JNCASR for admission.
• There is no application fee.
• For any questions, contact us at email@example.com
• Only complete application forms, will be forwarded to the appropriate Departments/Centres.
• If a Department screening committee shortlists you, a Departmental Committee will interview you using Skype/media or in person.
• If you are currently in India you are to appear in person for the interview.
• If you are selected for admission to programme at the JNCASR, Academic Office will mail admission offer letters.
• Selected candidates will be required to join the Centre only after completing all the necessary formalities.
If you are selected, you will be offered hostel accommodation and a fellowship by JNCASR. The fellowship amount will be equal to that offered to Indian Ph.D students. This fellowship is generally usually adequate to pay tuition fees, lodging and boarding fees, and living expenses.
Please follow http://www.jncasr.ac.in/admit