- Chairman, Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit, JNCASR, Bangalore – 2015 – till date
- Professor, Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit, JNCASR, Bangalore – 2011 – till date
- Dean, Fellowships and Extensions Programmes, JNCASR, Bangalore – 2007 – 2010
- Associate Professor, Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit, JNCASR, Bangalore – 2005 – 2011
- Assistant Professor, Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit, JNCASR, Bangalore – 1998 – 2005
- Post Doctoral Associate, Materials Science and Engineering Department, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA – 1995 – 1998
- Visiting Scientist, Materials Science and Engineering Department, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, USA – 2001 – 2007
- Visiting Professor, Institut de Minéralogie et de Physique des Milieux Condensés, CNRS, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris – 2008 – 2009, 2010-2016
- Ph.D. – Department of Physics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 1995
- M.Sc.Ed – Regional College of Education, University of Mysore, Mysore – 1988
- B.Sc.Ed – Regional College of Education, University of Mysore, Mysore – 1986
- Royal Society of Chemistry – Member since 2014
- Society of Biological Chemists (India) – Life Member since 2012
- American Chemical Society – Member since 2005
- Material Research Society of India – Life Member since 1999
Awards and Fellowships:
- Fellow of Indian Academy of Sciences (FASc) – 2018
- Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) – 2017
- MRSI-ICSC Super Conductivity and Material Science Senior Award – 2017
- Sheikh Saqr RAK-CAM Senior Fellow – 2016
- Fellow of National Academy of Sciences India (FNASc) – 2012
- Prof. C.N.R. Rao Oration Award – 2009
- Sir C.V. Raman Young Scientist Award (Karnataka Government) – 2008
- MRSI Medal, Material Research Society of India – 2007
- Mirror adapted in microscope to perform SERS, a microscope and methods thereof – Inventors: Chandrabhas Narayana and G.V. Pavan Kumar – patented granted by: USPTO – US Patent Number 8,179,525 B2 in 2012.
- A high sensitivity assay for molecular typing of biological sample, probes and a kit therof – Inventors: Ranga Udaykumar, Chandrabhas Narayana and N. Jayasuryan – patent granted by patent office of Republic of South Africa – Patent Number 2009/03128 in 2009, USPTO- US Patent Number 8,227,590 B2 in 2012.
- Nanoparticle Composition and Process thereof – Inventor: Chandrabhas Narayana – PCT Application NO.: PCT/IN2008/000771.
- Coordinator of Indian Beamline at KEK, Photon Factory, Tsukuba, Japan 2016 – till date.
- Coordinator of India@DESY, PETRA III, Hamburg, Germany 2015 – till date.
- Member of Board of Governors, Government Science College (Autonomous), Bangalore 2015 – 2017
- Member of Board of Studies of Department of Physics, M S Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore 2015 – 2017
- Member of Board of Studies of Department of Chemistry, Christ University, Bangalore 2015 – 2017
- Member, Task Force Committee, Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (EMEQ), Science and Engineering Research Board 2013 – till date
- Member, Program Advisory Committee (Physics), Science and Engineering Research Board 2010 – till date
- Editorial Board Member – High Pressure Research 2015 – till date
- Editorial Board Member – ISRN Analytical Chemistry 2011 – till date.
- Editorial Board Member – Journal of Biomaterials and Nanobiotechnology 2010 – till date.
- Member, Board of Studies, Department of Nanoscience and Technology, University of Calicut 2009 – 2011