Instructions to Student speakers
- All students to give one seminar (either General or Paper) each year, starting with a general seminar.
The integrated Ph. D students to give an additional general seminar as part of the M.S course.
- You are required to attend all CPMU seminars. ( -;) occupying the front rows)
- The title should be communicated to the convenor at least one week in advance.
- Students to decide the topic/paper in consultaion with their research supervisor.
- An abstract of the seminar, of length 6 lines, alongwith 3 to 4 references, should be communicated to the convenor at least one week before the seminar date. Please use this form to send the abstract.
- You are welcome to make use of the Infocus Projector in addition to the OHP and Slide projector.
- The talk will be followed by a question answer session lasting upto 15 mins.
Instructions specific to General Seminar
- The duration of seminar : 45 minutes.
- It should not be on one's own research topic.
- Initial 3 minutes : Theme of the talk
- Next 5 minutes : textbook level introduction
- Next 5 minutes : introduction to the seminar topic
- Next 22 minutes : Presentation of the topic with reference to literature
- Last 10 minutes : Your imagination and future direction
Instructions specific to Paper Seminar
It should preferably be on a research paper published within the last 6 months.
The duration of the seminar : 30 minutes.
Begin with highlights from the paper (3 mins)
Next 10 minutes : beginner level introduction of the work.
Rest of the time : thorough analysis of the paper, discussion on related literature your views on the results, significance of the work.