Poetry & Prose
- Calcuttaweb poetry collection. Also features songs, recipes, etc
- Gitobitan, collection of songs penned by Rabindranath Tagore
- Kaurab, a Bengali webzine with adhunik poetry
- Listen to several poets reciting their own works. The site also features poets from other Indian languages
- Lokgiti, lyrics of Bengali folk songs
- Parabaas, a Bengali webzine that also has some fairly good English translations
- Tilak Gupta's collection of poems. Also features some Bengali songs.
- Gitanjali Ghei, a girl who died of cancer at the age of 16, wrote some of the most beautiful poems on death, compassion and faith in God. If you have time to follow just one link in my entire website, then I recommend this one.
- Here you will find links to many poetry collections on the web
- E mule, a nice collection of classical poems
- Luminarium, medieval, 17th century, Renaissance English poets
English Prose (some poetry too!)
sites for reading books online
- List of free digital books on the net
2 translations of the 2000 year old Tamil classic, Thirukkural
- Links to Hindi poems on the web. Although many links do not work, this site is still worth a visit
- Allama Iqbal, including English translations of both Urdu and Persian works
- Hafiz, including English translations
- Omar Khayyam, translated by Fitzgerald. Here is another translation by E.H. Whinfield
- Rumi, including English translations
- Saadi (Downloads of English translations of Gulistan and Bustan by Saadi, and some other Persian works)
- Urdu poems transliterated in English. Check out the links section for more sites, including ones that give translations
World Poetry and Prose
- Poem Hunter, THE site on poetry with over 106,000 poems. Also available are downloadable e-books of different poets. Magnificent collection!
- Poetry International, features original works, translations, articles, interviews and critical appreciation of poets from all over the world
- Words without borders, An online magazine for international literature that also features English translations of classical and contemporary prose and poetry.