As per UGC Gazette Notification F.No.14-4/2012(CCP-II) dated:06.05.2019, the President, JNCASR has constituted Student Grievance Redressal Committee with the following members to look into the issues related to grievances/complaints pertaining to students at the Centre.
|Associate Director, ICMS||Member|
|Consulting Medical Officer||Member|
|Student Representative (Male)||Member|
|Student Representative (Female)||Member|
|Coordinator (Academic, F&E & R&D)||Member-Secretary|
The Committee will look into complaints lodged by a student and judge its merit and is empowered to look into matters of harassment faced on campus.
Procedure for lodging complaint
Any student with a genuine grievance may approach the Coordinator, (Academic) in person. In case the person is unwilling to appear in person, grievances may be dropped in writing at the letterbox/ suggestion box placed at the Academic Office, Kanada building. Grievances may also be sent by e-mail to the Coordinator, (Academic) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To provide forum for redressal of certain grievances related to student amenities of students enrolled in JNCASR, as well as those seeking admission to JNCASR.
- To lodge complaints related to admission process, non-transparent or any unfair evaluation practices, alleged discrimination of students, etc.
On receipt of an offline/online complaint, the Student Grievance Redressal Committee shall fix a date for hearing of the complaint which shall be communicated to the concerned against whom the complaint has been lodged and the aggrieved student requesting for their presence in the hearing.
The aggrieved student may appear either in person or authorize a representative to present the case with any supporting evidence available. Administration shall extend co-operation to the Student Grievance Redressal Committee for early redressal of grievances.
Committee shall submit a report of its findings to the President Authorities of the Centre.
The Committee may recommend appropriate action against the complainant, when a complaint is found to be outright false or frivolous.
The Committee will deal with Grievances received in writing/online from the students about any of the following matters:-
- Academic Matters (courses) Laboratory matter (research)
- Financial Matters
- Hostel Matters
- Other Matters (not involving sexual harassment)
- The cases will be attended promptly within 15 days on receipt of written grievances from the student. The Committee formally will review each case and will act accordingly.
- The Committee will give a report to the authority about the case attended to and the number of pending cases, if any, which require direction and guidance from the higher authorities.
- The Committee will act upon those cases which have been forwarded along with the necessary documents.
- The Grievance Committee will ensure that the grievance has been properly resolved in a stipulated time limit (one month). NOTE: Ragging in any form is strictly prohibited. Any violation of ragging and disciplinary rules shall be urgently brought to the notice of the Dean (Academic).