The "Graduate Research Internship Program" (GRIP), is designed for bright, final year B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent, Masters in Science, Integrated M.Sc, B.S-M.S, or MBBS to carry out their final year research project work at JNCASR. The project work to be carried out should form part of the academic requirements. The duration of the project work will be for a semester or for an extended duration of up to 1 year depending upon the academic requirement.
The GRIP is open for admission twice a year i.e. for January term and August term.
- The program is applicable to students who have just begun or are transitioning to the final year of B.E./B.Tech. or equivalent, M.E/M.Tech. or equivalent, Masters in Science, Integrated M.Sc, B.S-M.S or MBBS. The eligibility criteria include a minimum aggregate score of 80 percent in the 10th and 12th standards.
- The duration of the project work will be for a semester or for an extended duration of up to 1 year depending upon the academic requirement
- The selection process will be as follows.
- The list of the projects available for the applicants can be accessed: click here
- Students will need to note the codes of up to a maximum of three projects that are aligned with their interests in the order of preference.
- For a given project, one student will be selected among all the applications corresponding to a given project.
- The final selection will be based on the academic merit of the student (as relevant to the project) and two letters of reference.
- Students selected for the program will be required to submit an undertaking stating that none of the research carried out at JNCASR will be published or patented independently and the faculty member hosting that specific project at JNCASR will be consulted regarding the outcome of the research.
- Selected students, in coordination with the respective faculty members, will have the flexibility to choose the mode of the project (online/offline) and the starting and ending dates.
- Rs. 5,000/- will be charged as fees for the internship.
- Accommodation within the campus will not be provided due to the paucity of accommodation. We have a small database of private residential facilities close to the campus, and the selected students will be given access to this database.
- Medical facilities offered by Dhanvantri (Health Centre, JNCASR) may be availed by the students, but medicines, tests, and hospitalization will not be covered by JNCASR, and it has to be borne by the student.
- Students are advised to take an appropriate medical insurance policy to cover unforeseen circumstances
- On successful completion of the given project, students will be issued a project completion certificate and the project work carried out by students at JNCASR may further be evaluated by the concerned college/Institution for the award of mark/grade for the project as per its norms.
Admission for GRIP- Jan. 2023 is open from 25th Nov. 2022 to 5th Jan. 2023. Please visit the Application portal