INTEGRATED Ph.D. PROGRAMME
Qualifying degree and exams
|Jointly Offered by CPMU and TSU||
Physical Science (Specialization in Materials)
Web link for related information is available at https://www.jncasr.ac.in/sites/default/files/users/user277/Int.%20PhD_Physical%20Sciences.pdf
1. Students with minimum of 55% marks at bachelor's degree in any branch of Science/Engineering with an aptitude for advanced physics education and materials research.
2. Candidacy will be evaluated on past academic records and/or scores in national level exams.
|Offered by NCU||
1. Students with minimum of 55% marks at bachelor's degree in any branch of Science with Chemistry as a major and mathematics as a subject up to PUC (10+2 level) and who have qualified the JAM 2023 are eligible to apply
|Jointly Offered by MBGU and NSU||
1. Students with minimum of 55% marks at bachelor's degree or equivalent degree in Physical, Chemical or Biological Science (including Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical, Veterinary Sciences and Agricultural Sciences) or B.E./B.Tech degree or equivalent degree.
2. Candidates who have qualified the JAM 2023 test are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisting for interviews for selection to the Int. Ph.D Physical Science programme will be based on academic records, performance in the national level exams, statement of purpose mentioned in the application form.
Shortlisting for interviews for selection to the Int. Ph.D. Chemical Science Programme will be based on the Joint Admission test for Master's (JAM) 2023 score.
The applications for the Int. Ph.D Biological Science programme will be screened based on overall academic performance for eligibility to attend an entrance exam. Successful candidates will be invited to appear for interviews shortly afterwards.
The final selection to the Int. Ph.D. Degree Programme will be based on the performance in the interview.
Note: Interviews will be held in person.
Scholarships/Fellowships: Integrated Ph.D students are paid fellowship of Rs.19000/- for first two years, Rs.31,000/- during third and fourth year and Rs.35,000/- during fifth, sixth and seventh year
Medical / Insurance facility: Students are automatically enrolled in a Group Insurance Scheme and a Comprehensive Medical Scheme and have access to an on-campus doctor, as well as to medical facilities elsewhere.
Travel grants: While pursuing Ph.D from third year onwards, one time students travel grant upto Rs.1,00,000/- is provided to attend international/national conferences.
Our students have attended conferences in countries such as Korea, Iran, France, Singapore, the United States of America, Japan, Sweden, Italy, Israel, etc.
Tuition Fee, etc : Current norms for payment of tuition fees is Rs.5,000/- per annum for first two years and Rs.10,000/- per annum for the next five years. In addition, Rs 200 as medical charges and group insurance fee of Rs. 25 will be charged every month.