JNCASR is an Autonomous Institution under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- JNCASR has obtained the status of an institution Deemed to be University in the year 2002.
- Based on the success and impact of the Centre on the scientific community in India, it was recently graded as Category-I Deemed to be University, giving it benefits stipulated under clause-4 (Dimensions of Autonomy for Category-I Universities) of UGC Regulations.
In the year 2016, JNCASR obtained NAAC accreditation of A++ with 3.76 out of the total score of 4 points.
National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF)
- In 2017, the Centre ranked 4th among Universities and 11th under Overall category in National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ranking.
- In 2018, the Centre was placed as Special Mention Institutions under NIRF.
- In 2021, the Centre was ranked 19th under the Research Category of NIRF 2021.
- The JNCASR NIRF Report 2022. (NIRF 2022).
- The JNCASR NIRF Report 2023. Click here
- JNCASR ranked 30th under the "Research" Category for 2023. Details on
Nature Index 2019:
- JNCASR was listed 7th among the top ten Young Graduate Universities by Nature Index 2019.
- It also ranked the 17th among the top 50 Young Universities in Chemistry.
- 40th among top 175 Young Universities in the world.
Nature Index Annual Tables 2020:
- JNCASR was ranked 4th under life sciences and
- It was ranked 10th under chemistry and physical sciences categories among academic institutions in India.
- 469th in academic sector globally and 11th Indian institution from India in the tally.
- Nature Index Institution Table 2021 :
- JNCASR ranks 8th among institutions in India.
Nature Index 2021 Materials Science tables:
- Top 50 Rising Institutions, JNCASR ranks 23rd (The Only Institution from India in the List)
- Leading 200 institutions, JNCASR ranks 171 (ONE Among Two Institutions from India in this list, another being IISc., Bengaluru)
Nature Index 2021 Asia Pacific
- JNCASR ranks 127 amongst Top 200 Institutions in Asia Pacific,
- JNCASR ranks 93rd amongst Top 100 institutions in chemistry in Asia Pacific,
Scimago Institutions Ranking
- JNCASR 3rd across all sectors in India, & 1st under higher education sector in Scimago Institutions Ranking 2020
Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award
- JNCASR received the Clarivate Analytics India Innovation Award for the years 2017 and 2018
Centre for World University Ranking 2022-23
JNCASR ranks in the top 4.6% out of 19,788 universities worldwide according to the 2022-23 edition of the Global 2000 list by the Centre for World University Rankings. Details on:https://cwur.org/2022-23/Jawaharlal-Nehru-Centre-for-Advanced-Scientific-Research.php